If you are ill or disabled following an accident you may be entitled to claim for Employment and Support Allowance (ESA). This will offer you financial support if you’re unable to work.

You might be transferred to ESA if you’ve been claiming other benefits like Income Support or Incapacity Benefit.

In order to claim ESA, you must have a Work Capability Assessment while your claim is being assessed to see to what extent your illness or disability affects your ability to work.

This assessment has proved controversial and in my experience, many clients have been denied this benefit at a time when they are struggling and need as much financial support as possible.

Often at the outset of the claim, benefits are the means an injured Claimant can rely upon until an interim payment can be secured as early as possible.

I attach a useful list of tips to bear in mind when making an application for ESA.

If you have suffered a serious inury and require help with getting the right financial support, please call our expert team on Freephone 0800 157 7611